We are executing a disciplined, multifaceted pursuit of growth in our total base, transmission rate base and distribution rate base. Our strategy is to:
- Focus on owning T&D assets with long lives, low operating risks and stable cash flows consistent with the characteristics of our current portfolio.
- Pursue sustainable dividend per share growth by:
- Funding footprint projects through capital expenditures in our existing distribution footprint and additions to our existing transmission assets. These are driven primarily by investments to improve reliability, meet customer requirements and support oil and gas activities in our Stanton territory in the Permian Basin and interconnections to our CREZ assets.
- Acquiring ROFO projects and other T&D projects from Hunt. This includes a pipeline of projects identified, developed and constructed by Hunt.
- Acquiring other T&D assets from third parties leveraging the relationships that InfraREIT, Sharyland and Hunt maintain in the energy industry to source acquisition opportunities.
- Focus initially on Texas and the southwestern U.S., where we believe the electric transmission sector will continue to grow significantly. This allows us to leverage our existing relationships and a proven track record of identifying, developing, constructing and acquiring critical infrastructure assets.
- Maintain a strong financial profile that enables us to increase our dividend over time and serve the long-term interests of our stockholders.